Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Minerals...

Minerals sure are cool to me. Seems like I have a growing collection of images containing minerals. One of these days I might be able to remember what they are. Or maybe not. ;) I guess I could take some images of minerals in my collection. The blog may never stop...






I received a pretty good response from the last group of minerals, so I thought I would throw a few out here for my enjoyment. Maybe you will like them too.






I never really know what folks are going to think of the images I share. I just try to put stuff out here that I find appealing. Every now and then I get to hear what others think of it as well.





All of these mineral shots were from a trip to the Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum. All of them also happen to come from the Arizona area. Kind of cool.







There is so much in minerals that draw my attention. There is color, shape, pattern, texture, and form. These are essential parts of photography to me. It is also amazing to me to see all of the detail. It reminds me a great deal of the formations found in caves. That is a subject that I will save for a later blog though. Somehow I am sure I can find some images of caves in my digital work or in the 40,000 slides I have kicking around the house. :) Might find a few more to put out here on the blog. This madness may never end.







I quess I must like the madness though. Hmmmm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, being a geologists's daughter, I tend to try to name the minerals in the photo, silly me! Enjoyed them! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos... thanks for sharing. Especially like all the cool colors.

Joellen

P.S. Gotta watch out for those geologist's daughters!

AthenayBarbara said...

Buenos Noches!

I've been over here to scroll through your photos many times since you posted.

Not the daughter of a Geologist, but I have some up and coming amateur friends. No, wait...amateur geologists who are friends. One will be visiting late this Fall.

Thank you for sharing your minerals with the rest of us!

Con regard,

Athena

TCB Photo Blog said...

You are of course free to share the link to this site. I like folks to see my photos. :)

John/Jack said...

TC, I'm no geologist and I'm nobody's daughter!

However, I am a photographer and the colors, composure and focus are fantastic.

Get well soon and visit my blog some time.

http://clearysinhawaii.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

John (Joellen's cousin in HI)