Monday, July 21, 2008

Ssssnakes and other Reptiles

BE WARNED. THERE ARE GOING TO BE A FEW PICTURES OF REPTILES TO INCLUDE SNAKES. So you can skip this post if you have an aversion to pictures of snakes, and lizards, and such. Otherwise enjoy the latest installment... Just do not claim you were not warned about the snakes.

I think snakes get a bad rap. Sure there are some dangerous ones, but a person can go a long way simply by paying attention to their surroundings. And walk away from an area if you see a snake. Most of them would prefer to avoid you anyway.





You will see a variety of snakes out and about on this page. Many are rattlesnakes fo the Southwest.. And a shot or two of Nyoka just for fun. I started with the non-poisonous ones.



The majority after this will be rattlesnakes and other poisonous critters. I think you can handle it. They are only pictures after all.












See that wasn't too bad. I just happen to like taking picture of different subjects around me. I have never met a snake I did not like, but I can't say the same things about people. :)




4 comments:

Katie said...

Great pics! I especially liked the last one!

Anonymous said...

I get the feeling that many folks may prefer the last shot best. I am rather fond of the Kenyan Sand Boa.

Kevin R Thomas said...

YES! These are my favorite. I like that first one.

TCB Photo Blog said...

Good to know what folks like...