Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Montana Memories 2011

Montana Memories


We had a wonderful adventure exploring the fine State of Montana. The last week of July found us starting in Missoula, then on to Bison Range, Glacier, Great Falls, on towards Butte, and finishing off where we started. A fine circle of some great views, not to mention several photo stops along the way, that added to great memories!


National Bison Range Wildlife Refuge
http://www.fws.gov/bisonrange/nbr/




We have been called the “most travelingist folks.” I have been called much worse. J I will let the photos speak for themselves. I would recommend visiting any of the fabulous locations highlighted below with the images. Various websites are mentioned throughout for more information.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.












Montana Government website









Visit Montana
http://visitmt.com/





Missoula Info










Glacier National Park
http://www.nps.gov/glac/index.htm





















Montana is Big Sky Country!






Lewis & Clark Caverns State Park












Butte Visitor’s Bureau




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a grand vacation!! Love that buffalo with his feet up, a fine wallower he was. Great shots.

Joellen

Damon McLaughlin said...

wow -- some great pics -- love that shot of the sky. your shots around missoula brought back the memories...almost moved to that area to build an off-the-grid cone house with some college buddies. we ultimately decided to stay in class instead... the road not taken and all that jazz...

Anonymous said...

Well, you've done it again. Great pics.
Shirley

Tim W Glass said...

I'm jealous. Looks like a great place to live, and it looks like you two had a great vacation! Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos........I want to go...............
Pam

Anonymous said...

Great Photos! Makes me want to travel! Thanks for sharing.
Kelly

TCB Photo Blog said...

Thanks for all the great comments to Jo, Shirley, Kelly, and Pam. I think we all had plans somewhere along the way that ouwld have changed our lives Damon. I would have to see the areas in the winter before living there myself Tim. We had a great time though.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, I am viewing your Montana pictures as I sit in my RV in West Glacier Montana. Drove the "Going to The Sun Road" this morning!!!!!!

Gail L.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun...

ML

John/Jack said...

Hey there cousing in law ... great pictures as usual!! You certainly hve "the eye"

Anonymous said...

Hey TC I loved the pics of the minerals, great shots. I can't believe you went to a prision museum on your vacation. Great shots as usual.

Ken